Sunday, July 6, 2014

Equality?

Having grown up with a very convoluted definition of FAIR and EQUAL, I recognize the cognitive dissonance in this sexual equality agenda.  In reading the headlines, I shake my head or . . . (smh) as it is in social media, and ask myself, is anyone having procreative, responsible, heterosexual sex any more?

If a person's sex life is their own personal business, and I agree that it should be, why are there so many headlines about the subject?  I've been celibate for years, and I'm not saying everyone should be, but sexuality should be a private matter, and all sexual activity is clearly a choice.  I'm not saying gays should be bullied, but their sexuality doesn't need to be paraded down main street, either.  I think everyone's sex life needs to stay in the bedroom.

Before I got married and before I became a believer, I was a fornicator.  I'm not proud of that fact, and I certainly don't need a parade in celebration of my sin of choice.  As many of the headlines have been sexual in nature this past month, I smile remembering one of Miss Lillian Carter's quotes, which I quote to myself frequently.
She once remarked "When I look at all my children sometimes I say to myself, Lillian, you should have stayed a virgin."
I love my kids, but I do wish I'd managed my sexuality differently in my younger years, and in differently, I mean Biblically.

 My heart goes out to all those who love their children, but those children have made the choice to act out on anti-Biblical sexual urges.  I guess since my fornication was heterosexual, I don't get any special political accommodations, and I'm not saying my sin of choice was better than any other sexual sin.  What I am saying, is we have a nation that is seriously focused on sexuality, and we've brought what should have been a matter of bedroom privacy between two people and their Creator and made it a matter of public focus, thus "creating" or manufacturing, a circus.

I don't have any gay children, but one of my daughter's is in the adult entertainment industry, and that certainly has not made our bad relationship any better.  As a matter of fact, when I view all these guilt inducing gut-wrenching videos about how loving parents need to respond to their kids "coming out," I take comfort in knowing the relationship between that child and myself was already strained beyond the breaking point before she "came out" in this "line of work."

I think I've finally realized, now that our society has become so openly brazen about sex, the difference between Biblically ordained sex and all the rest of this becomes clear.  A loving act between a man and a woman is an act of giving and truly being joined.  Every other act of sexuality in the headlines seems to be an act of taking, an act of self-indulgence, or an act of spiritual rebellion and mocking defiance.  When sexuality becomes an agenda on main street and a political statement in the headlines, not to mention perverse entertainment; intimacy is obviously lacking.

Please forgive me if I'm coming across too blunt or sound forward, but YHWH has placed upon my heart - this "gay agenda" is based upon programming from early psychoanalytic studies as to when children are the most impressionable, least fond of the opposite sex, and children are born; naturally self-focused.  Remember in elementary school when boys and girls thought each other had “cooties?”  Now if a child is affectionate in any way to the opposite sex, they are labeled a sex offender.  Children grow up in homes where the TV promotes it, education promotes it, etc.  HE has been showing me much regarding this, but the evil of society is of course "after the children."

Joe Biden has made quite a statement on behalf of a nation known as a Super Power

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/miller/140626

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/44465-apostasy-rising-4-denominations-in-less-than-a-week-defy-god-s-word

No comments:

Post a Comment