Sunday, April 27, 2014

Disturbing

A very reliable source has told me Nestle has a contract for goat's milk less than 100 miles from where I am.  You may be asking how this is news.  Several things are disturbing, literally to the point I've been physically ill over it.  To the point of not eating or needing food to be very bland, which isn't like me at all!  I feel like I'm experiencing Daniel 8:27.   And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it. 

I've attempted to find a Nestle product that would justify the exorbitant price Nestle has contracted for hundreds of gallons of goat milk a week.  To date, I can't find a specific Nestle goat's milk product.  I realize Nestle owns many brands, so I'll continue to research, but my source indicated Nestle is paying a premium price for this goatmilk and secured the contract, so something is in the works.  Every time Big Corp shows interest in independent agriculture, things change.  Sadly it seems, things always change for the worse for independents and small operators.

Nestle's CEO hasn't been shy about his willingness to control food and even water.  We'll continue to follow this.  With Corporate lobby power, political sway seems obvious.  It's truly not about political leanings, as the really Big Operators fund both parties.  WIN/WIN for the big guys.  Meanwhile, USDA starts squeezing the small independents in the surrounding area.  Between Monsanto, BLM and hobby farm raids, it's already clear, independent agriculture is in the crosshairs of the powers that be.



No comments:

Post a Comment